How to register in the Directory
If you would like to be included in our Directory of Linguistic Services Suppliers, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Obtain the numbers required for registration (BN and PBN).
- Apply for registration in the Directory.
1. Eligibility criteria
Before registering in the Directory, it is important to ensure that you meet certain eligibility criteria. Depending on the type of service you would like to offer, please consult the eligibility criteria by clicking the links below:
2. Numbers required for registration (BN and PBN)
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you must first obtain the following numbers in order to register in the Directory:
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number (BN): The business number is a numbering system that streamlines the way businesses deal with the federal government. If you have a Goods and Services Tax (GST) number or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) number, you already have a business number. The first nine digits of your GST/HST number constitute your business number (e.g. 123456789RT0001). This number is required to obtain your procurement business number (PBN) (see below). If you do not have a BN, or if you think you might qualify for an exemption, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Procurement business number (PBN): The procurement business number (PBN) is composed of the first nine digits of your business number (BN) followed by the letters PG and the four digits of your procurement account number. Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) uses the PBN as a supplier identifier code in its purchasing and payment systems. To obtain a PBN, you must register with the Supplier Registration Information (SRI) system on Buy and Sell, a government of Canada's Web site (buyandsell.gc.ca). The SRI system is a database of registered suppliers who want to do business with the federal government.
3. Bureau Directory registration
Once you have read the eligibility criteria and have obtained your business number (BN) and your procurement business number (PBN), you can fill out the Directory registration form and send it to us by fax or mail. This form cannot be submitted over the Internet. Remember to enclose the supporting documents required according to the services being offered (see eligibility criteria).
If you have any questions concerning our Directory or if you are having difficulty registering, please contact us for more informations.